· Defense Correspondent for United Press International (UPI).
· Spent 9 weeks in the Middle East while embedded with Americans as well as British troops. Shealso spent one day with Italians in Nasiriya.
IRAQI CITIES VISITED:
· Az Zubayr (in Basrah province), Muthanna Proviince (Samawah), Nasiriya, Amarah, Baghdad, Fallujah, Mosul, Tikrit, Baquba, Balad, Tall Afar, Qayarra, Mandalay (near Iranian border), Kirkuk, Dohuk
· This is her third annual trip. Each trip was taken around the same time of year (July/August/September).
· Correspondent with UPI since 1999 and has spent time in Kabul.
· White House correspondent from May to September 2000.
· Chief editor of two independent investigative news weeklies, "Inside the Air Force" and "Defense Information and Electronics Report."
· Feature writer for the defunct George Magazine.
BA in international studies from the American University in 1989
More about Pamela Hess