Rep. Davis (D-AL) is serving a 2nd term. He was first elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2002. He represents Alabama’s West Central 7th District which includes Selma, Tuscaloosa, and parts of Birmingham.
Budget, Financial Services
· Appointed to Senior Whip Team for the House Democratic Caucus during the 109th Congress.
· Co-Chair of the centrist House New Democrat Coalition and Southern Regional Co-Chair for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
· Member of Congressional Black Caucus & Democratic Leadership Council.
· Civil rights attorney
· Assistant U.S. attorney, 1994-98
· Clerk with Judge Myron F. Thompson, one of the first African-American judges appointed to the federal bench in Alabama.
A.B. (government) Magna Cum Laude 1990, Harvard U
J.D Cum Laude, Harvard U. 1993
· Born in Montgomery, AL
· Hometown is Birmingham, AL
More about Rep. Artur Davis