· She covers a wide variety of topics for Fortune Magazine, with stories ranging from Barry Diller and his controversial company InterActiveCorp to the strange world of the Masters of Wine. Joined Fortune in July 1995.
· She and Peter Elkind, who is also a senior writer at Fortune, are the co-authors of the The Smartest Guys in the Room: The Amazing Rise and Scandalous Fall of Enron (2003).
· The movie, Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room, which was released in April, is based on her book.
· She began her career in the investment banking division of Goldman Sachs, where she worked from 1992 to 1995, spending two years in the Mergers & Acquisitions Department and one year in Real Estate Principal Investing. In 1995, McLean joined Fortune as a reporter.
· She was one of the first reporters to raise questions and write about Enron. Her story, "Is Enron Overpriced?" appeared in the March 5, 2001 issue of Fortune.
· Graduated from Williams College in 1992 with B.A., double major in mathematics and English.
Grew up in Hibbing, Minnesota
More about Bethany McLean