· First African American elected to statewide office, and the first-ever Republican Lieutenant Governor in Maryland.
· Serving 1st term (since 1/15/03) under Governor Robert Ehrlich. Jr.
· Host ďLunchtime with Marylandís GOPĒ on WOLB (1010AM), Baltimore
· Member, Governorís Executive Council
· Member, State Planning Committee for Higher Education
· First African American County Republican Party Chairman
· Founder of The Steele Group
· 2002: Appointed to Board of Visitors of the U.S. Naval Academy by Pres. George W. Bush
· 2001: NAACP Blue Ribbon Panel on Election Reform
· December 2000: elected first-ever African American Chair of Maryland State Republican Party
· Commissioner on the National Federal Election Reform Commission
· 1991-1997: Associate at law firm of Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton
· 1981-BA, international relations, Johns Hopkins University; 1991- law degree, Georgetown University Law Center; Augustinian Friars Seminary at Villanova University
He was born on October 19, 1958 at Andrews Air Force Base in Prince George's County. He is married to Andrea and has 2 children, Michael and Drew
More about Michael Steele