Senior Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute. His areas of research include foreign policy and international organizations.
· U.S. Permanent Representative to U.N., August 2005-December 2006
· Under Secretary of State for Arms Control & International Security, 2001-05
· Senior Vice President, American Enterprise Institute, 1999-2001
· Attorney, Lerner, Reed, Bolton & McManus, 1993-1999
· Asst. Secretary of State for International Organization Affairs, 1989-93
· Assistant Attorney General, 1985-89
· Attorney, Covington & Burling, 1983-85
· Assistant Administrator for Program and Policy Coordination, U.S. Agency for International Development, 1982-83
· General Counsel, U.S. Agency for International Development, 1981-82
· Attorney, Covington & Burling, 1974-1981
· J.D., Yale University Law School
· B.A., Yale University
Married to Gretchen Smith Bolton. They have one daughter, Jennifer Sarah Bolton.
More about John Bolton