Mr. Cohen came to SAIS in 1990 and is professor of Strategic Studies at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies of the Johns Hopkins University. Eliot Cohen is Robert E. Osgood Professor of Strategic Studies at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University.
· Directed the US Air Force’s official multi-volume study of the Gulf War, the Gulf War Air Power Survey.
· Served on the policy planning staff of the Office of the Secretary of Defense
· Taught at the Naval War College (Department of Strategy)
· Taught at Harvard University
A graduate of Harvard College, he received his Ph.D. in political science at Harvard in 1982.
BOOKS & PUBLICATIONS:
· Supreme Command: Soldiers, Statesmen and Leadership in Wartime (2002)
· War Over Kosovo, co-editor (2001)
· Knives, Tanks & Missiles: Israel’s Security Revolution, co-author (1998)
· Revolution in Warfare? Air Power in the Gulf, co-author (1995)
· Gulf War Air Power Survey, editor (1993)
· Military Misfortunes: The Anatomy of Failure in Twentieth Century Warfare, co-author (1990)
· Citizens and Soldiers: The Dilemmas of Military Service (1985)
· Commandos and Politicians: Elite Military Units in Modern Democracies (1978)
More about Eliot Cohen